Breaking News

Daniil Medvedev reveals why facing Novak Djokovic is complicated

In an interview to Eurosport, Daniil Medvedev commented on why matches against Novak Djokovic and other top players are complicated. The Russian faced the Serb twice this year, beating him in Monte Carlo and losing in the Australian Open. "Now facing him became something normal, but I have another job in those matches: progressing", said the Russian. "That's why I am happy for how I played against Djokovic in Australia. He played very well and he went on to win the title. But at some point, I started dictating, even if he still beat me. At least I am happy about how that match went. I was able to learn a lot from that. I am ready to play at my highest level at least for two sets and a half. Without slowing down, keeping the opponent at the highest of my changes. So that he could never relax. But Djokovic and the top players keep the same level for the whole time."

He also revealed a pretty interesting thing: "Someone told me they saw Thiem eating a hamburger just three hours before a match in Indian Wells. And he won the Tournament. There is no receipt. Someone like Djokovic only hits gluten-free and vegetarian. And someone eats a hamburger and he is also a good tennis player."

Medvedev will now take a rest, he is set to be back on track in next week's Madrid Open where he lost to Kyle Edmund in the first round last year.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2VDexGG

No comments