Breaking News

Federer: 'As a kid I was angry because I thought I could reach perfection'

In an interview with Mercedes AMG, Roger Federer commented on how his character evolved over the years. The Swiss player was breaking rackets and yelling at umpires, then something changed in his mind. "I was angry because at that time I still thought reaching perfection was possible. And I absolutely wanted to be perfect", admitted the 20-time Grand Slam. "Whenever it didn’t happen, I quickly got frustrated. That got me into a downward spiral. At some point, I realized I had to change my attitude. Otherwise, I would never achieve anything. I swore to myself that I would change. But a few days later I was on the court cursing again. I was 22 at the time, and it really took two years for something in my attitude to change.”

Federer also had some crucial moments during his life: “When I became a father, I had to restrain myself even further and couldn’t allow myself to be upset by a defeat for long. After all, I don’t want my children to think: dad is in a bad mood now because he lost the semifinal. I find myself engaged in a constant learning process – as a tennis player, husband, father, and person.”

“Sometimes, when I doubt myself, it gives me that extra burst of self-confidence I need to win", concluded the 37-year-old.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2HL5sTs

No comments