Breaking News

I now appreciate Rafael Nadal more, says Italian star Berrettini

Matteo Berrettini was interviewed by Sky Sport on Wednesday in the Rome Tennis Academy where he is based. The Italian will head into the Rome Open as a world No. 31, and he will have to deal with many expectations. Berrettini is going through a great time as he won the Budapest Open and reached the Munich final. "I feel ready, confident", said Berrettini. "We are working a lot, in the off-season, I did a lot of fitness, and I also focused on the backhand, forehand and serve." On what the Rome Open means to him, Berrettini added: "I have an extra boost than others because I am the only Rome native. Fabio Fognini and Marco Cecchinato have been achieving great things as well as Lorenzo Sonego who reached the Monte Carlo Masters quarter-finals. Winning Rome would be the greatest dream along with Wimbledon. I know there is a lot to work on but you play to live nice emotions and that's what pushes me to wake up in the morning and improve."

On Rafael Nadal losing in Monte Carlo and Barcelona, Berrettini concluded: "Over the last years I like him even more, I watch him closely, his desire and fire. Even when he does not play very well he can win a lot. He is a complete champion. You can never underestimate him. He may have achieved too many great results in the previous years where he won everything on clay."

Berrettini's coach Vincenzo Santopadre said: "We are working a lot on trying to be light on court, dealing with what happens, always be ready and manage to perform. We also work with a mental coach. Matteo is confident and pumped up."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2YjyVKB

No comments