Breaking News

Indian Wells win over Roger Federer was surprising, says Dominic Thiem

In an interview to El Mundo, Dominic Thiem reflected on his defeat over Roger Federer in the BNP Paribas Open final. The Austrian said: "My win in Indian Wells was surprising. I was coming from a difficult time and I had ended my relationship with my coach. I do not know how it happened but I won the title. I did not expect that. Before winning in Barcelona, I was already playing well in the previous tournaments. I had tough opponents. The triumph there was different to Indian Wells but in general I am playing well after going through a tough start to the year."

Thiem also explained the ups and down a player has to go through: "There are some things that influence your gameplay. Tennis is one of the most complicated sports, because one day you feel like dead, another you are in a different way, another you feel like a disaster... At the end of the day, I try to trust my abilities."

Asked what he looks for from his co-operation with Nicolas Massu, Thiem added: "It was something lucky, that was not on my plans, but it has been working since the beginning. He knows a lot about tennis and he can give me the advices I need to. As a player, his favorite surface was clay, but his best results came on another kind of surface, which will also help my transition to other courts. He is young and he played with some of the players I face now, which is something important."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2YaeLmh

No comments