Breaking News

Kei Nishikori happy to see Roger Federer, del Potro play events again

Kei Nishikori is pleased to see Federer and del Potro back to compete in the clay season. The Swiss last played an official match in the Miami Open final, while the Argentine last played two consecutive tournaments in October last year. "Roger is back and Juan Martin is back to play tournaments. Happy to see him back, personally. And, yeah, Thiem is there. And, yeah, I think this tournament can, you know, get very exciting," said the Japanese in Madrid.

He also gave his thoughts on David Ferrer's retirement from tennis: "Maybe, I shouldn't say this, but very sad to see him retiring because he was the one, he was, like, for me, good, like, a good person to look up to, for me. He's similar height. The way he plays, you know. I was learning so many things from him and we played so many times and I learned so many stuff from him. So, maybe not for him but for me he was like, he was like my rival. So, it's up to - not able to play against him anymore and play, I can't see his tennis anymore, that's a little bit sad. But it is incredible what he did, his career, you know, playing the top level for a long time. I don't think anybody did that before. So, yeah, very sad to see. But it was great. I think he had a great career."

Asked about how the atmosphere is in the Caja Magica, Nishikori replied: "It's great. I was watching yesterday some matches and it was packed, you know, all the stadium were packed and so many people show up. I feel like people here love tennis and I can feel that on the court, you know, playing and yeah it is great atmosphere every year playing any courts. I always enjoy playing this tournament."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2H2xfhR

No comments