Breaking News

Novak Djokovic: 'I feel like I am Italian'

In an interview to La Repubblica, Novak Djokovic commented on his relationship with Italy, where he trained as a teenager. Djokovic is looking forward to coming to Rome where he won 2008, 2011, 2014, 2015 titles. "I am happy to come to Italy. Rome is a second home. Because I feel like I am Italian. I see it: people look at me with positive energy. And I feel that on court and in the city with all its history. Then I have many friends who I knew over the last 15 years. I was always attracted by the Italians' culture and tradition. At 17 years I started learning the language by myself. When I speak Italian it's like I speak Serbian. We Serbians are very open. And we are good at the sport because we are people who always had to struggle. We were born for that. I am grateful and proud of my origins that I embraced, accepted and loved. But I accept other cultures too. And about Serbia I want to add what my grandfather told me, he was walking kilometres and kilometres, for days and days. For food and water. We helped each other and that's why we are so good at team sports. But over the last years in single sports too. I take my life with lightness, that's my philosophy. You have to keep it. My life is an up and down, like an elevator. And when you fall, you learn more because the intensity of the pain is stronger than the emotion of the triumph. Wins are dangerous because they do not force you to change because you think you did all well. Instead, life is about balance."

He also spoke about the fatherhood: "Only becoming parent I discovered emotions I did not imagine. I saw in my kids a new part of me."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/30dx6ks

No comments