Breaking News

Rafael Nadal: I do not know when I get married

In an interview with Sky Sport in Rome, Rafael Nadal was asked about the rumours that he and his longtime girlfriend Maria Francisca Perello will get married this year. The wedding will probably take place this fall or after the French Open in late June. Nadal does not want to reveal when it will happen. "I do not know when I get married. It's difficult," said the world no. 2 speaking of the many commitments a top player like him needs to face. He definitely did not expect to be at the top at almost 33 years of age: "When I won in 2005 Rome, I thought that in 2019 I would spending the entire day fishing..." And now he would love to play the 2021 ATP Finals in Turin: "I hope to be there." What his perfect player would look like? "Roger Federer for the forehand, Novak Djokovic for the backhand, myself for the mental strength and Ivo Karlovic for the serve. That would be very difficult to beat."

Nadal finally commented on when, before the Madrid Open, he said that his straight-set loss to Dominic Thiem in the Barcelona semi-final was his best match in the clay season. "After Monte Carlo, the feelings were not good and in Barcelona, they were even worse. But I played better day after day and against Dominic, I thought that losing was normal because he was playing well and I was coming back from a low level."

Nadal will play the French Open next.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Hw9BeT

No comments