Breaking News

Rafael Nadal is the toughest clay-courter, man to beat - Kei Nishikori

In a press conference in Madrid, Kei Nishikori was asked if he thought that Rafael Nadal was still the favorite to win the clay-court tournaments in Madrid, Rome and French Open. The Spaniard lost to Fabio Fognini in Monte Carlo, and Dominic Thiem in Barcelona. "Yeah, of course," said Nishikori. "Every tournament for sure. Yes, especially on clay. He's the toughest player on clay and maybe he had -- I haven't watched his match, the one he lost. But I'm sure he can, he can get back, you know, as soon as he feels comfortable, but I think this tournament's going to be exciting."

Nishikori also explained his feelings heading into the Madrid Open: "Excited to be here. Every year I'm happy to be here. I love Spain. So I was enjoying last week in Barcelona and this week, too. I thought I was playing good tennis last week, two weeks' ago in Barcelona. And, yeah, I'm confident again. And I didn't have good result in Monte Carlo, but last week I had a good week. So I'm happy too, confident to be in here and I don't know, I hope I can do well. Yes."

Asked what he likes the most of playing in Madrid, Nishikori replied: "Playing tennis of course! I enjoy restaurants here, they have good Spanish food. I had a good food yesterday too and there's many Japanese here so that's also, I enjoy."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2LvBMPc

No comments