Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'My four children keep me young'

In an interview with ABC in Madrid, Roger Federer commented on how it feels to be 38 years old and still playing at his highest level. "I feel young, so I keep being pretty young", said the 20-time Grand Slam winner. "My four sons make me keep like this. And that's perfect. I notice I am older as a player when an issue comes up. Before, if I had a back injury, it lasted for a day. Now it may be three days, a week... things last more, definitely. But getting older also has positives. You have the needed experienced to know how to prevent. When you are young and you feel something, you are like: "Oh, my god!" You get panicked. Now you listen to what your body says."

Asked if he expected himself to play for such a long time, Federer replied: "If I look back at ten years ago and I tell me I am going to play in Madrid, preparing for the French Open, being world No. 4... I would have definitely said no. I may have imagined myself on the top 20, maybe top ten. But four, not. I may still be playing but not at this level. I do not play just to play. My goal keeps being to win, if I feel that I cannot lift more trophies or defeating the best guys, stopping is better. I keep enjoying myself, I have more than 100 titles, I was the world No. 1 last year."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2PSVwuv

No comments