Breaking News

Simona Halep: 'Serena Williams needs to play more events to win a Major'

On the Madrid Open Media Day, Simona Halep praised Serena Williams' attempt to come back at her highest level after becoming a mother in 2017. "For me, it would be impossible to do something similar. I think she is able to win a new Grand Slam, but she would have to play more tournaments to find a better competition rhythm", said the Romanian.

Halep also commented on her expectations prior to the French Open where she will try to retain her maiden Grand Slam title: "I want to enjoy more, be happy on the court, give the best out of myself every match I play in. For sure I want to win more Grand Slams, but I am not focused on it, all that happens from here is a bonus, so I have no pressure, I only want to see at what level I can be on the court. I feel well physically. It's nothing dangerous. I feel I have recharged batteries to start the tournament. The ball goes quicker, so it's better for me."

Halep feels confident ahead of the Madrid Open: "My friends come to see me, I can head into any place and that's very nice for me, and the way the tournament treats me, it makes me feel at home."

Serena will make her comeback in the Rome Open. The American player will not play in Madrid, she is still in the United States but she is expected to get to Europe very soon. The 23-time Grand Slam winner has already reserved her rooms in Rome for her and her family, and she will get to the Italian city a few days before the event starts, as confirmed by the Tournament Director Sergio Palmieri who was spoken with Williams' agent Jill Smoller.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2J0WYdS

No comments