Breaking News

Venus Williams shares why she rarely plays exhibition matches

Venus Williams attended the opening of the No. 1 Court in Wimbledon last Sunday.

The American player lost in the Rome Open third round on Thursday and after the match, she said: “I never really played well in exhibition matches because I’m always quite nervous because I play so badly, but this was a lot of fun. It was great to not only be out here for the opening but for a great cause. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. It was surreal being back at Wimbledon outside of the tournament. It made me actually really grateful to be able to play this game and have some reflection over the years. When you’re here for the tournament you don’t think you’re stressed but you are. Today I smiled the whole time during the match. It was a great experience. You hear that echo of the ball and you hear the crack when the roof is on. It is like a whip and it’s very impressive to hear that sound. The orchestra… I hope they keep that for the tournament – it’s amazing! It was a very, very special vibe. I remember my first time playing here and I played on Court One. I played on Saturday in the tournament instead of Monday as scheduled. That was six days waiting to play so you are definitely going to see a huge difference in getting the matches though."

Venus will now head to Paris in order to train hard ahead of the French Open that starts on Sunday.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/30xjY9L

No comments