Breaking News

Viktor Troicki: I had to adapt to my injuries and change my game

Serbia's Viktor Troicki says he had to change his game following his health issues but he is now feeling better. 

The 33-year-old is coming off one of the most challenging and disappointing seasons of his career. 

Yet, the Serb refused to give up as he is now trying to return where he once was. 

Troicki, who has overcome a lower back injury, has plummeted to No. 256 in the world. 

As a result of his low ranking, the Serb is playing the French Open qualifying for the first time since 2007. 

Former world No. 12 Troicki made a good start to his qualifying campaign as he beat Kevin Krawietz 6-4 6-3 to set up a clash against Jason Kubler. 

"Oh yeah, it's much slower than I thought," Troicki said, per the Roland Garros site. "Last time I was coming back I basically didn't have a ranking and came back to the top 100 really fast – in three months – but it's much tougher coming back from an injury when I'm a bit older now and my body is responding differently.

"I have had to adapt to the injuries I had. I had to change my game a little bit. I first had to feel it again on the court and I need to get the confidence in that part.

"It wasn't looking good maybe a month or two ago but right now I feel it's better. I'm looking forward to the next few months."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2HuiaqH

No comments