Breaking News

Young guys, be inspired by Ferrer and not just Federer, Nadal - Clement

The former French player and former France's Davis Cup team captain Arnaud Clement praised David Ferrer's legacy in tennis. The Spaniard played his last career match in Madrid on Wednesday losing to Alexander Zverev. "If you are a young player and you want to get inspired by a champion, it's not just Federer, Nadal and Djokovic, but also David Ferrer. A role model for courage, work, sacrifice, respect for others and its sport. A great", tweeted Clement.

On Ferrer, Simona Halep said: "Every time I saw him on the court he was working so much for every ball, running, so we are similar in that direction. He's a very nice person. Great personality. And I am a bit sad that he has to retire, but he has done a lot in tennis and now it's time to enjoy life. Seeing him, like, fighting for every match inspired me as a kid and also as a player, a professional player now." Asked if he was given advice by Ferrer, Halep replied: "I didn't have the chance to talk with him like that. Just hello and stuff. Easy stuff. But he inspires many kids and many people with the way he's on court."

Ferrer said: "Everyone has to pursue their own path and a way of working out things. In my case, in the end, what I learned is that normally you learn from defeats, from the losses, the tough moments, because you have to miss a lot of time, you have to taste defeat, you have to stand up and continue and keep on working. That was what was driving me to be the tennis player that I am today. And to accept the tough and frustrating moments and face them and recover. And to pursue your dreams, but not one or two, or three days, but you have to do it all of your career. I would like to always be remembered for my personality, the way I am personally. I think I am a good person to the very last day of my existence."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2HnSLOi

No comments