Serena Williams: 'I am in another final. It seems crazy'
Serena Williams defeated Elina Svitolina in straight sets, 6-3 6-1, to reach her fourth Grand Slam final over six Majors played in the last 12 months. The American player: "It's really good. I mean, to be in yet another final, it seems honestly crazy. But I don't really expect too much less. I think today was solid. It definitely wasn't my best tennis. It's interesting that she knows that. She's a super professional to know that. She probably could have played better, as well. I definitely know I could have played better. I'm just focusing on not that, just the next match."
On getting her 101th career match-win, which equals Chris Evert, Serena added: "It's pretty cool. I didn't know that was even an option. That always makes it even more special when you hear those super cool things without even knowing."
On her schedule, she said: "I definitely wanted to play more tournaments. I was going to play Cincinnati. I had a great summer planned. Unfortunately, it didn't work out for me. But at least I got to play some matches. Yeah, obviously there's a lot of things that I've learned in the past, but I just have to go out there, above all, most of all, just stay relaxed."
Serena also spoke about her approach heading into the final: "There's so many different emotions in finals. It just brings out so many highs and lows, nerves and expectations. It's a lot."
from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2LxcQ6v
No comments