Breaking News

Serena Williams: 'I'm okay to play 44-minute matches'

Serena Williams defeated Qiang Wang 6-1 6-0 to reach the US Open semifinals. The 23-time Grand Slam winner feels satisfied with her performance: "It feels good. It feels like, okay, this is what I've been training for. This is how hard I've been working. It feels like, you know, hard work pays off when that happens. I've been working on my speed, getting shots. I didn't give her too many chances in the match. It's good because I want to be able to be able to move around the court. I move when I want to move. I guess I wanted to move tonight", said Serena.

Asked if he felt pain on her ankle, Williams replied: "No, not at all. Tape got a little loose, so I wanted to tighten it, make sure nothing happened. Other than that, it's much better."

The 37-year-old feels fit: "I'm okay to play a lot of matches in a row. I'm okay to play 44-minute matches. I think at this stage in my career I have so much experience of playing super long matches and super short match, I'm pretty much ready for everything."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/34ipq2e

No comments