Breaking News

Boris Becker: 'It's impossible to say Roger Federer is the GOAT'

Who is the greatest players of all time? The six-time Major winner Boris Becker answered this question in an interview with GSP. "According to stats, Roger Federer is, but it's also recognized that Rod Laver is the greatest because he achieved the calendar Grand Slam twice. Yeah, he won fewer titles because he had a shorter career... It's a question that always comes up, who is the best, journalists like it, but athletes are not too careful. Anyway, it's impossible to say."

Asked who he thinks will be the next new Grand Slam winner, Becker replied: "As a mentor, I would like to pick Sascha Zverev. He is one of the players I helped over the last three years, obviously, his father is his coach but every time we speak about tennis, he comes to me... It doesn't mean that I coach him but I overview."

Asked of what he is proudest among all his achievements, Becker concluded: "I am proud of my six Major titles as a player, but I am also proud of my six Major titles as a coach. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem a lot but I think I was an important part of Novak Djokovic's success when he won these tournaments... Every major tournament you win is important, but the trophy itself is not as important as the title. You want to be back and retain your title, that's your strength as a player and a coach."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Q6rsOl

No comments