Breaking News

Federer: 'Without a strong wife, all of this would have not been possible'

Roger Federer spoke about his wife Mirka's role in success. The world No. 3, speaking to Azteca, said: "In a way it's easy to explain. I had no titles when I met her in 2000 and now I have 103 titles. So you decide how much impact she has had, has she had 103 titles impact, or 50 or 103. I do not know but there is a lot of credit for her, she is doing a lot of waiting and practice, helping me with my daily schedule and organization and then you have the kids the last 10 years. So without a strong wife all of this would have not been possible. No doubt."

Federer also spoke about his visit in Mexico: "23 years ago when I came here as a junior I played a sort of mini tour at a junior level and one of them was in Mexico City. I remember I had a good time here, I was 15 or 16 years old, so much has happened, I lost and won so many times, I have travelled around the world I do not know for how many times. I had children in the meantime, I got married, I have a wonderful wife, maybe to have won Wimbledon and all these things, so life has been very good and kind to me. Playing in front of so many people is a privilege and maybe an opportunity to inspire a new tennis player coming out from Mexico, we'd love to have a great player coming from this part of the world, I feel very privileged to be in this position."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2OQMHl1

No comments