Breaking News

Rafael Nadal argues with journalist as question about wedding comes up

Rafael Nadal argued with a journalist in a press conference after his loss to Alexander Zverev at the ATP Finals in London. The reporter asked the Spaniard if he thinks that the wedding with his longtime girlfriend Maria Francisca Perello has been a distraction for him lately.

"It's a big surprise for me you ask me this after I have been with the same girl for 15 years and having a very stable and normal life", said Nadal. "Doesn't matter if you put a ring on your finger or not. In my personal way, I am a very normal guy. We move to Spanish, because that's bullshit. Thank you very much."

Meanwhile the pundit Greg Rusedski said Novak Djokovic may benefit from Nadal's loss in order to achieve the year-end No. 1 rankings position. "There will be a certain Novak Djokovic who will be delighted that he lost. All of a sudden the points race stays at 440 and Rafael Nadal has to win every match coming up to have a chance to be world No 1. If you look at Rafa he is a guy who likes to play tennis but he hasn't played a match in 10 days. He likes to hit a lot of tennis balls but to take five days off before trying to get ready for the O2 is not the ideal preparation. Let's hope it is nothing serious and he is just working his way back."

On how it felt to hit 14 forehand winners during the match against Nadal, Zverev said: "I know that players sometimes try to break me on the fhside but if you say I hit 14 winners tonight then the fh was pretty decent I guess. I can play well when i have rythm."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/34OohPt

No comments