Breaking News

'Roger Federer is emotional playing in Mexico in front of 43,000 people'

Roger Federer and Alexander Zverev will play an exhibition match in Mexico City on Thursday. There is a 20 percent risk of rain and the stadium is outdoors. The MexTenis Director Raul Zurutuza said: "On Tuesday we will discuss about several things including the rain."

'The Greatest Match' tickets are all sold and so the two players will face each other in front of 43,000 fans, which is a world record. The doubles player Santiago Gonzalez, speaking of Federer, said: "He is very emotional, he was saying he only came here once when he was younger. I showed him some photos of Mexico Square and he is impressed because he never played in such an environment, I think the record attendance in a tennis match can be broken."

Meanwhile Nick Kyrgios said he is excited to be playing the Davis Cup Finals in Madrid this week: "The format, whether it was best-of-five or best-of-three, I just think Davis Cup brings a different type of pressure. I know me personally, I don't really get that nervous in many matches during the year. Just being back out there today, I could just feel it. Straight off the bat I knew I was playing for a lot more than myself. Obviously people always say that, but it's different. You can just feel the tension. I think it's just how special this event is. And I just want to -- I don't want to let anyone down as well. I want to play my best tennis for these group of guys, and I do think we can win it if the stars align. I want to do my best."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/334KnMm

No comments