Breaking News

Roger Federer needs to improve if he wants to beat Novak Djokovic -Rusedski

In an interview to Amazon Prime the former world No. 4 Greg Rusedski spoke about Roger Federer's straight-set win over Matteo Berrettini. The British pundit said: "He will be pleased overall with his performance but it felt like he was only playing at 80 per cent of his ability. In his next match against Novak Djokovic he is going to have to step up his level if he is going to qualify for the semi-finals. He is going to have to find a way to raise his game but all the pressure will be on Novak. He is trying to be world No 1 and Djokovic can sometimes feel the pressure. When Roger is loose and with no expectation he plays his best tennis so I expect a really higher level from Roger Federer in that match-up."

Daniela Hantuchova added: "I thought the movement was much better from Roger. He wasn't serving too badly against Dominic but today he was going more for his target. He was much more effective and also he was trying to come in [to the net] more."

Meanwhile Andy Murray spoke about his game level: "That's one of the performance goals I want - when I go out on court against all of the players I want to feel like I have a chance of winning.Seven or eight weeks ago I wouldn't have felt that was the case. Before Antwerp the conversations I was having with my team were 'I'm not sure where I can get to'. If I continued along that path then I wouldn't continue playing. It has been an up and down few years but I feel like I'm coming through the other side of it and excited to see what I can do over the next couple of years. It's difficult to say exactly where I am."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2q7x9Ru

No comments