Breaking News

Roger Federer recalls when he had dinner with Gabriela Sabatini at her home

Roger Federer recalled when he had dinner with former Argentinean player Gabriela Sabatini in 2012 before playing an exhibition match with Juan Martin del Potro: "I was at her home. I remember we enjoyed our time. She is very close to Mary Joe Fernandez who is the wife of my agent (Tony Godsick). Every time I see her is very sweet, so I hope to see her soon."

Federer played his first match as a professional against Argentine Lucas Arnold Ker on July 7, 1998, in Gstaad at 16 years of age. Arnold Ker won 6-4, 6-4. "I perfectly remember the match. I was disappointed because I had to face Tommy Haas who had a stomach ache and instead of playing on the central court I was scheduled on No. 1 court. It was still packed and it was crazy because I had just won the Wimbledon junior. I remember of Lucas who belonged to the generation of players hitting serve and volleys, was hitting topspin serves on my backhand and I was coming from Wimbledon, which made things complicated. He was the oldest, I played well for what I remember, I lost 6-4 6-4 but it was a great experience to get the attention from media playing in front of many people and getting used to this kind of pressure."

Federer will be again playing an exhibition match in Argentina against Juan Martin del Potro in Buenos Aires, this year. 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2rzS4wY

No comments