Breaking News

Thiem: 'I'm not devastated. I beat Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic in London'

In an interview, Dominic Thiem looked back at his ATP Finals championship loss to Stefanos Tsitsipas in London. The Austrian player said: "Two or three points didn't go my way. The last three mistakes shouldn't have happened. I played very well and stil I came up short. It hurts the most, out of my three majar finals. Because, unlike the two I played I Roland Garros, is like I came very close. But on the other hand, I put myself in this situation by playing very strong matches against (Roger) Federer and Djokovic. I have no reason to be devastated. When I look back on my year I feel very, very good. Especially about the last quarter of the season. The way I came back after suffering from a virus and got the win at home, in Vienna. It was sensational."

On what he takes from this year, Thiem said: "A lot of unbelievable experience, which will teach me to overcome difficulties with physical issues and got even better. I got the confirmation that I can still get a lot out of those steps."

Thiem lost only two matches at the ATP Finals. One was to Matteo Berrettini in his last round-robin match. The other was the aforementioned final to Tsitsipas. 

Asked where he will go on holidays, Thiem replied: "Somewhere near Miami. This is also where I will prepare for 2020, from the 2nd of December. But until then, I plan on doing nothing for once."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/35DMVCJ

No comments