Breaking News

Jamie Murray: I am the most Fashionable Member of My Family Now

British tennis star Jamie Murray has been signed on as the Brand Ambassador for Edinburgh-based Andrew Brookes Tailoring recently and says he is now probably the most fashionable person in his family. Murray spoke about his fashion style in an interview to The Herald Scotland.

Murray says, "(My style is) Pretty casual. With travelling so much, there’s a limit to what you can take in your suitcase. Also, if I’m taking nice kit and it spends loads of time in a bag, that’s not ideal. I tend to keep it quite simple with jeans and sneakers, some T-shirts and hoodies."

Speaking about his experience with Andrew Brookes, Jamie says, "What’s been cool about meeting Andrew [Brookes] is that he has taught me things like combining different pieces of clothing and how you can put it all together without needing loads of individual pieces for individual outfits; you can mix and match. Andrew came down to London to take all my measurements and chat about the kind of things I would potentially like. He put together some clothes and brought them down, talked me through it all, then went away and did his final alterations. I went up to see him in his Edinburgh studio to try everything on. I was so impressed. That’s why people go to Andrew as a tailor because they want that item of clothing to fit them perfectly. I’m a weird size. I have broad shoulders, long arms and a skinny body. If I went into a store to buy a jacket, it is not catered for me. Sometimes the arms will fit but I have too much space in the chest. It is nice to have something that is made perfectly for me."

When asked who the most stylish member of his family would be, Jamie says, "It has got to be me. Everyone has been pretty positive about the kit and the photos, so yeah, it’s been cool and definitely fun. David Beckham is my style icon. He always has his game face on. I’m sure a lot of effort goes into making sure he looks on point. I don’t think he necessarily wakes up in the morning and just throws on the perfect suit or outfit. He’s probably learned a lot over time being in that world."



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2RCUZiF

No comments