Breaking News

Nicolas Massu: After this period, Life Will Be Divided Into Before and After

Nicolas Massu, the former Olympic gold medallist and the current coach of Austrian tennis star Dominic Thiem, says that life for human beings will be divided into before and after the coronavirus pandemic.

Speaking to the Chilean media, the 40 year old says the situation is very difficult for many people across the world and he is at home with his family. "Of course, I am aware of everything that is happening in the world now, I watch the news. I also talk a lot with my friends who live where the situation is more difficult than here. No one could imagine such a thing. I think that after a pandemic, life for humanity will be divided into “before” and “after”. This is a very difficult situation when we all need to be closer with our family, loved ones, friends, even strangers who may need help. From all this we must come together as one, caring for each other and paying attention to others. This is a very difficult moment, a moment of great sadness, but we must know that it is in our power to move forward in order to live our old life again. Now I am in Viña del Mar with my family. At home I try to keep myself busy as much as possible. As for work, I spend time at the computer, watch different matches, and understand different tennis topics. I arranged on the terrace something like a gym and once or twice a day I work out there."

Speaking about tennis players, Massu said it is a strange time for all athletes who do not know when they will be able to compete again. "This is a strange period for tennis players, but, nevertheless, the most important thing now is health. This is not the same when a player is injured, misses a couple of months, and after returning he must adapt to the game again. Now they are all in the same position, everyone is trying to keep fit at home, hoping that it will all be over, and they will be able to speak again at tournaments."

Massu is a former Top 10 player in singles and won two Olympic gold medals. He is the only male player to have won both the singles and doubles gold medals during the same games in modern Olympic tennis (since 1988) and won six singles titles in his career.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2K0q77t

No comments