Breaking News

Patrick McEnroe: I'm waiting on another test to confirm I'm not positive

1989 French Open doubles champion Patrick Mcenroe says he has been lucky that his coronavirus symptoms never became severe. 

On March 31, former 16-time ATP doubles champion McEnroe announced that he tested positive for the coronavirus.

In an interview with Sky Sports, McEnroe said he had quarantined himself in the basement of his home shortly after experiencing the first coronavirus symptoms. 

The American revealed it took him seven days to get a test and once the results came back, his worst fears were confirmed. 

McEnroe also revealed he experienced a fever, aches and diarrhea but luckily nothing more severe than that. 

McEnroe, the younger brother of former world No. 1 John McEnroe, thinks he is now coronavirus free but he can't get a test to confirm it.

"I'm following all the rules about social distancing and I'm still here because the difficulty in getting another test to prove that I don't have it - for the sake of myself and my family - means I'm on another list," McEnroe told Sky Sports.

"My wife has been amazing. My three kids are also doing well. They started online schooling about three weeks ago, so they're keeping busy. Netflix parties have sort of become the new norm."

New York, where McEnroe is based, has been one of the hardest hit cities by the coronavirus in the whole world. 

Luckily for the former American tennis star, his recovery process went smooth and the worst case scenario was avoided.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2VCAYKn

No comments