Breaking News

Roberto Bautista Agut recalls 'difficult' decision to choose tennis over football

World No. 12 Roberto Bautista Agut admits it was extremely difficult for him to leave football but he has no regrets in choosing tennis over football. 

Football is the most popular sport in Spain and many kids in the country dream of becoming professional football players one day. 

Bautista Agut was no exception, but at the age of 14 he made a difficult decision to put an end to his dream of becoming a professional football player one day. 

Now at 31 years old, nine-time ATP champion and former world No. 9 Bautista Agut is at peace as he knows that he has made the right decision in choosing tennis over football. 

"Soccer has always been a passion of mine. When I was younger I played for Villarreal until I was 14 years old. It was not an easy decision but I am very happy that I am playing tennis," Bautista Agut revealed in his contribution for Behind The Racquet. "I do miss playing for a team a lot but looking back I am lucky to choose tennis. It was difficult to leave all my friends on the team and to lose a dream of yours. It is not easy to make a life decision like that at 14.

"I don’t regret it but after a couple years of tennis practice I could never have imagined the sacrifices you needed to make to become a pro tennis player. It’s fun when I get the chance to play soccer with some of the guys now.”



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/3cct8Oa

No comments