Breaking News

Tsitsipas: 'The tournaments are totally different with Roger Federer and Nadal'

The US Open 2020 will be remembered as one of the most distinctive Grand Slams in recent history. For the first time since 1999, Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal will not be present at the same time in a Grand Slam. The Swiss phenomenon will return only at the beginning of next season, while the Spaniard will return to the court for Roland Garros.

Meanwhile, the Greek tennis player Stefanos Tsitsipas He appeared before the media at a press conference to analyze what his feelings are before debuting at the US Open 2020.

Tsitsipas on Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal

“I was able to occupy my time in other kinds of things. I found different ways to get involved in other aspects. Also, I continued training in the physical aspect and then when things got better I was in the south of France at the Mouratoglou Academy, picking up pace again I didn’t have a bad time all those months, since we tennis players are constantly traveling all over the world, and a little break I think has been good for all the players" - Stefanos Tsitsipas said. He also talked about the atmosphere in this edition of the US Open 2020: “I’ve never played on Arthur Ashe or a big court to experience what the US Open feels like. I’ve only played here twice and I’ve never gotten good results. Hopefully one day I’ll be able to play center court, in one session. night and with the stands full cheering me on. It’s been a dream I’ve always had and that I’ll have to wait at least one more year. I’m going to have to accept the situation and play without that atmosphere. In Cincinnati we’ve gotten used to that." The Greek commented on Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal's decision to skip US Open: “Roger and Rafa? I feel that Nadal gave more priority to Roland Garros and therefore decided not to travel here. Roger for his part is injured and we already knew that he was not going to play for the remainder of the season. I think that for tennis players it is It is good that they are not here so that they will have more opportunities to play a good role, but for the tournament it is a great loss. They are two great players and when they play, the tournaments are totally different.“



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2QEDzRT

No comments