Breaking News

Fiona Ferro positive for the swab!

Fiona Ferro has announced that she is positive for COVID-19. She said it through her social media profiles: "Hello everyone, I hope you are well. Today I tested positive for COVID-19. I will follow the doctors' recommendations and go into solitary confinement to a week. I'm fine at the moment and have no acute symptoms."

Ferro won a career title, the WTA in Palermo, last August. After the Sicilian tournament, the French tennis player never took the field until Roland Garros. In the home Slam she still managed to keep the good sensations acquired in Italy by winning three consecutive matches, and only surrendering in the round of 16 against finalist Sofia Kenin losing 6-2 2-6 1-6. For the 23-year-old this is the best career result in a Grand Slam, and considering that she was not on the list of participants of the Linz tournament, this positivity should not affect her programming.

Talking about young WTA players

Nineteen-year-old Iga Swiatek revealed the unprecedented attention paid to her by the Polish media: “In my country, now it's incredible. I've had a lot of media coverage, been on TV shows, and on Wednesday I was on the air from nine in the morning to nine in the evening! Now I can finally put my thoughts together and realize that I have indeed won a Grand Slam title.

I'm becoming more and more popular, so I have to get used to it. I need a couple of weeks to learn how a star behaves, for me it's a new experience. It is a truly unique moment ". Swiatek literally dominated the tournament, without even conceding a single set:" I didn't expect this result, "he confessed." Even though I was playing my tennis mile I thought that at most I would reach the final, but that too was a shock to me. I am very happy that my tennis has exploded at Roland Garros. "

Iga has been collaborating for a couple of seasons with psychologist Daria Abramowicz: "Many think that a psychologist is useful only for those with specific problems, but I don't think so. My journey started by opening myself up on the way of seeing the world, on the relationship. with my parents, with the surrounding reality. I worked on myself, accompanied by a great professional. We tennis players are obliged to be alone a lot, it is important to spend time with people we trust. "

On tennis and school she said: "A few months ago I graduated with an excellent grade. I want to be perfect in everything I do and this approach has sometimes been a problem, which I worked on with Daria. The graduation grade it would allow me to enroll in any Polish university, or get a scholarship in the US For now I want to focus on tennis and it's not easy to combine professional sport and study, but if I don't win another Grand Slam and get into the top 5 a short you can be sure that I will enroll in college!"



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/3muE4vy

No comments