Breaking News

Stefanos Tsitsipas speaks on time spent with reigning NBA MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo

Greek tennis star Stefanos Tsitsipas absolutely enjoyed his time with Greek basketball superstar Giannis Antetokounmpo. 

Tsitsipas, who made the semifinal at this past French Open, spent some quality time with reigning NBA MVP Antetokounmpo in Greece recently. 

Tsitsipas, who is enjoying a career-high ranking of No. 5 in the world, said Antetokounmpo is an inspiration and he had already learned a lot from him.

"I had a wonderful time (during his short vacation in Greece). I also got to spend some time with Giannis, who is a great guy. We got to know each other well and I think we will be seeing each other more often in the future. He inspires me and I have already learned so much from him! We discuss the moments we spend on and off the courts, we talk about sports, politics, traveling, everything. I'd say I admire him a lot and he made me understand him better as a person. It's the beginning of a new friendship," Tsitsipas told Vicky Georgatou.

"We got to meet through my friend Manolo (Karalis). His father trained Giannis and his brother Thanasis, and that's how it all started. Manolo is also an amazing guy, we have known each other for a long time. When I was flying back from Paris, the pilots invited me to the cockpit and Manolo, Giannis and Thanasis called me on FaceTime. It was a lot of fun!"

Tsitsipas and Antetokounmpo avoided public 

"We did not go out much, we mainly hung out inside the hotel. It wouldn't be a very good idea to go out in the center of Athens, although we considered it," Tsitsipas added. "We had a good time, ate some good food, talked a lot. And Giannis' girlfriend is a wonderful woman, and his little baby is lovely too!"

Tsitsipas contracted an edema injury in his semifinal clash against Novak Djokovic at Roland Garros

The Greek returns to competitive action at this week's ATP 500 event in Vienna.

"In general I got some good rest at the hotel and has a great time with my friends. I went swimming and did things other than playing tennis. I also tried to do some treatment for my leg, something that has been bothering me lately. I was able to combine the break with my treatment," Tsitsipas said.

"Right now, I'd say I'm close to 80%. I have felt some pain, however, during a few points in practice." 



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/37NvYdu

No comments