Breaking News

Dominic Thiem Chasing The Olympic Glory In 2021

Dominic Thiem had a wonderful season in 2020. The Austrian claimed his maiden US Open title defeating Alexander Zverev in a five-setter marathon. Thiem also reached the finals of the Australian Open but had to be satisfied with the runner-up trophy.

After a dream spell in 2020, Dominic Thiem is focused on his road ahead. The world number three revealed his plans for 2021. Apart from repeating his performance, he adds two new ventures to undertake in the new season.

The Tokyo Summer Olympics which was scheduled for 2020 was postponed owing to the pandemic crisis. With the new dates out, it is a target for Thiem to participate and represent his country in the greatest show on earth.

“I am going to participate at the Olympic Summer Games in Tokyo starting on July 23", he stated. "I have been thinking about it for a longer period of time, and next year it eventually fits into my tournament schedule. “

Winning laurels for your country is indeed a matter of pride. Therefore Thiem won’t confine himself to merely participating in the event, but also look for a medal to add to his cabinet.

“I am looking forward to it to compete for a medal. My coach Nicolas Massu won two gold medals in Athens in 2004, he told me about the incredibly wonderful emotions. I want to feel these kind of emotions myself. For an athlete the atmosphere at the Olympics must be unique, I want to soak it all up.”

Dominic Thiem eyeing a hat-trick of Laver Cup

After his success this season, Thiem has gained his place in the European Team for the Rod Laver Cup. Apart from the Olympics, he’s excited about playing against the Team World in the United States.

“In addition, I am going to participate at the Rod Laver Cup for the third time. From September 24 – 26, I will be part of the “Team Europe“playing the “Team World“in Boston.”

Theim wants to lay hand on the coveted trophy for the third time. Since the tournament is scheduled in the second half of 2021, he hopes the galleries are filled with spectators to enjoy the tournament.

“I managed to win the trophy twice with “Team Europe“, I want to win the hat-trick in 2021! The fans can also look forward to an attractive challenge; all I hope for is that we will have spectators back at the venues by September, live!”



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/3ldsuUq

No comments