Breaking News

Milos Raonic: "I haven't seen my parents for a year, it's difficult"

Milos Raonic beat Aljaz Bedene in the first round of the Masters 1000 in Paris-Bercy. The Canadian tennis player dominated the match and was impeccable in serving. Suffice it to say that he scored 86% of the points with both the first and second serve and that he did not even concede a break point to his opponent during the entire match.

Raonic proved to be one of the most sensitive players during the suspension of the ATP Tour and in the press conference he focused on the complicated situation that the world is experiencing due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

Milos Raonic's doubts about next season

"There were a lot of downsides, it's not just me," explained the current number 17 of the world. "I think tennis is one of the least important things right now. I don't see my family, I haven't seen my parents for a year. And I usually spend a lot of time with them. When I can, between one tournament and another, I am always with them. All these things weigh, as does the uncertainty about the next opportunity I will have to meet them.

Reasons during the lockdown? When we heard about the US Open, it was easy to find reasons. Obviously it was difficult for everything else, but as tennis players we are always inside our bubble."

Tennis 2021, like that of any other sport, is characterized by many question marks. “I think it's hard to know exactly what we're going to run into. It will be interesting to see how many tournaments are scheduled for next season. The pandemic is getting worse and it is difficult to know what our future will be. Australian Open and 14-day quarantine? We are waiting to know the official decision of the Federation. Obviously we hear many things, but we will have to wait to know the facts. From what I understand, we will have to reach Australia very soon. I already have three plans for my pre-season depending on what will happen in the next few weeks."

Raonic defeated Pierre-Hugues Herbert in the second round of the Paris-Rolex.Masters. The French player defeated Tennys Sandgren in the tie-break of the third and decisive set. In the third round of the Parisian ATP Masters 1000 the Canadian beat Marcos Giron in straight set, to qualiying for the quarterfinal, where he will meet the winner of the challenge between Marin Cilic and Ugo Humbert.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/351sty6

No comments