Breaking News

Ysaline Bonaventure says coach Germain Gigounon quit to work with David Goffin

Ysaline Bonaventure, the Belgian professional tennis player who has won two doubles titles on the WTA Tour and 11 singles and 13 doubles titles on the ITF Women's Circuit,  that her coach Germain Gigounon decided to stop working with her to work with her countryman, David Goffin. 

On Saturday, in a tweet, she announced that she no longer had a coach.

With a heavy heart, she tweeted: "After a year of collaboration, it's with a huge disappointment that I separate from my coach Germain Gigounon. As we have often seen in the press releases of players, it is often by mutual agreement, which was not my case; in this situation. A rather sudden decision, and which fell on top of me a few weeks before (the) resumption (of) the new season. It's in situations like this that we surrender counts for how much the player-coach relationship hangs by a thread, and a relationship of confidence can stop overnight. It remains a choice that I respect but that I do not accept all that. On my side, I will take the time to get back on my feet and be ready to depart to Australia in December. What does not kill us makes us stronger? See you soon."

The world no. 20 recently split from his coach Thomas Johansson with whom he had been working for two years. Goffin, who recently recovered from Covid-19, had to wind the season with losses in his last two tournaments. Thanking Johansson, Goffin said, "I would like to thank him for everything he has done for me and all the moments we have shared together." Johansson, however, revealed that Goffin had been suffering from a lack of motivation after his ill-health and string of poor performances. 

"I am seeing someone who is not having fun playing any more. It's painful seeing that your player isn't happy on court. I don't understand this blockage. The players are privileged at this time, they can keep playing their sport and win money, even if the circumstances are difficult," Johansson said. The decision to not work together anymore was mutual between Goffin and the Swede. 

The shock situation and declaration of the separation between Ysaline Bonaventure and Germain Gigounon have given rise to many questions. But the main question is; will he become the new coach of David Goffin?



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/3lenQXg

No comments