Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'Many will come out of this year mentally weak'

2021 could be a very important year for tennis history. In fact, it could be the last year of an extraordinary career for two legends of the tennis world such as Serena Williams and the Swiss champion Roger Federer. After so many years of battles around the world, many are wondering if Federer will face this particular season as the final act of his great career, the final show of an incredible season. Roger himself a few years ago commented on this situation: "It is quite clear that I am now in the final phase of my career. I cannot say that I will retire in two years because I do my plans year after year, I feel good and happy right now and I don't think about a possible retirement. When my body stops responding correctly, that's when I stop playing tennis. However, I will continue to play and have fun with my friends and family."

Roger Federer on people who need to be supported

Recently, Roger Federer reflected on these past 10 months and had a few noteworthy things to say. People have had to do all their activities indoors, be it working from home or studying. Federer also felt there are many people who need to be supported due to the losses caused to mankind during this period. He added, “It’s bad for others to stay at home, do homeschooling, and work from home. It’s a big challenge and I hope that we can support each other as people, as Swiss. Even if I’m fine, others may not. You should put yourself in the shoes of others and support them. Because I believe that unfortunately many will come out of this year mentally weak.” The 20-time Grand Slam champion has himself confirmed he is currently in Dubai with his wife and kids. Coming back to tennis, Roger is currently training in Dubai. The former Wimbledon champion is mostly in that part of the world during this time of the year due to the Australian Open, which takes place from February onwards. The Federer family has also been separately photographed in other locations of the city. Federer can also be seen doing his signature racquet 'twirl' before taking a step forward and ripping a one-handed backhand. The entire tennis world saw Federer unleash an improved and more powerful backhand when he made his stellar comeback in 2017. His fans would undoubtedly be hoping the six-time Australian Open champion again showcases a new trick up his sleeve when he returns to the court next year.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Kym9a1

No comments