Breaking News

Simona Halep gets vaccinated: “I am safer, but I will still be extremely careful”

WTA ranking’s number three Simona Halep got vaccinated with the Pfizer serum on Wednesday at the Cantacuzino National Institute of Research in Bucharest. The Romanian first racket took the vaccine a week from the moment she arrived back home from her Australian Open adventure, where she was stopped in the quarter-finals by Serena Williams.

After taking the vaccine, Halep talked about how she feels. "There were emotions, but I came with an open mind and I'm fine now. I got the Pfizer vaccine. I believe that this vaccine is for the good of all and that is why I decided to make it,” said Halep.

She continued with a word of encouragement for other people to get the anti-COVID-19 shot. “I hope more and more people get vaccinated. I also have to do the rappelling, this reassures me, I am safer after this vaccine. But I will still be extremely careful. If it's the only way to get rid of the pandemic, it's good to get the vaccine. "

Simona Halep’s plans: Dubai and an Olympics medal

Besides talking about the vaccine, Halep unveiled what are her next targets. "I plan to play Dubai. I am recovering now and I hope to be present there," said the sportswoman.

Also, Simona Halep confirmed that she will be present at the Olympic Games: "I will be 100% there, I hope to get a medal, no matter what color it will be."

After all, earning a place on the podium has been a goal of hers since 2020.  "So my goal for this year is, of course, a Grand Slam, I started to like it, and my priority is the Olympics. I really want a medal. Doesn't matter which one or where, like singles, doubles, mixed. I just want one. I will do everything I can to do that," Halep said during a press conference in 2020.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2MrxGsK

No comments