Breaking News

Alexander Zverev speaks on things he missed out as teenager

German tennis star Alexander admitted he missed out some things as a teenager but he is not feeling sorry since his goal was to make it in tennis and be successful.

Zverev, ranked at No. 6 in the world, has been one of the best players on the Tour over the last five years. 

Zverev made his maiden Grand Slam final at the US Open, he has a few Masters titles in his collection and he also won the Nitto ATP Finals in 2018. 

"Yeah, definitely. I think you miss out on the normal teenage life, a little bit of the parties, the going-out things. But I was always very determined. I knew what I wanted. I knew that I had to be disciplined and work extremely hard for the things that I wanted to achieve, because if you want to have both, you're not gonna be as successful," Zverev said. 

"So, yes, I need to let a lot of things out of my life, you know, from a young age, but I was happy to do that because now, at the end of the day, I'm doing what I love."

Zverev loves playing in Madrid 

Zverev won the Madrid Masters in 2018 after beating Austrian tennis star Dominic Thiem in the final. 

"I think this (Madrid) and Rome probably, two clay court tournaments I feel the most well. I think the altitude helps obviously with my serve and all that, but yeah, I have had success here, have had maybe even more success in Rome. You can argue that because I won the tournament there, and then I made finals the following year," Zverev said.

"Yeah, but I hope I can adjust my tennis to any kind of conditions, and especially to the Paris conditions because this is I think the clay court tournament where I still need to improve the most.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/3etyubw

No comments