Breaking News

Daniil Medvedev: I didn't miss out on many things during teenage period

Russia's Daniil Medvedev thinks he did not miss out on many things during his teenage as he became committed to the game only at the age of 21.

Medvedev, ranked at No. 3 in the world, has become one of the best players on the Tour and contender for the biggest accolades. 

"To be completely honest with you, I think I missed out on much less things than some other tennis players, because till I was 18 maybe or 17 when, especially when you get in junior Grand Slams, that's where you see Rafa, Roger, Novak and you say, Okay, maybe I do actually have the chance to be this place one day," Medvedev said. 

"Before this, you know, I didn't know that I would sacrifice my life to tennis like I did as I say later. So my mom was also for studying. She was kind of a little bit against tennis. So I went to university for one year, a really good one in Russia. I was going to school a lot, so I had a lot of friends."

Medvedev had a normal teenage life 

"I mean, I was going to cinema, playing PlayStation, so I don't think I missed on a lot of teenage life. Talking about a little bit later, I was always saying, until I was 21, if I'm not mistaken, I was not really paying too much attention to small details. So again, I could enjoy life because I just thought that it wouldn't affect my tennis," Medvedev said.

"So, yeah, now I can say that when I sacrificed my life to tennis when I was 21, I said, Okay, I'm going to go to bed early, I'm going to eat well. If I had a day off, I'm not gonna, I don't know, walk for 10 kilometers at the beach. I'm going to rest and prepare for the practice the next day.

"That's when the results came, so I cannot regret it (smiling)."



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/3evhPV8

No comments