Breaking News

Frances Tiafoe pays respect to Andy Murray following Winston-Salem clash

World No. 51 Frances Tiafoe shared a nice message to three-time Grand Slam champion Andy Murray following their clash at the Winston-Salem Open. 

Tiafoe, ranked at No. 51 in the world, beat former world No. 1 Murray 7-6 (4) 6-3 in the Winston-Salem second round. 

It was the second meeting between the two and the first win Tiafoe clinched over Murray. 

"Love this dude man. You are a great person first, athlete second. The drive and determination you show is just remarkable. Even till this day. Andy Murray, you show us everyday what loving what you do looks like. Keep playing this game for you not anybody else. You have nothing to prove to out here. Do you bro. Keep making yourself proud. I got nothing but respect for you slim," Tiafoe said of Murray in an Instagram post. 

Murray failed to realize his chances against Tiafoe

Murray saved three break points in the seventh game, one more in the ninth game but also failed to convert any of his three set points in the 10th game.

Murray paid the price for failing to realize his set points as Tiafoe converted his first set point in the first-set tie-break to win a tight opener. 

Murray, who found himself trailing 5-1 in the second set, got one break back but couldn't get the second as Tiafoe served out for the match in the ninth game. 

"The positive thing is that I moved well and served well but my level is up and down with no real consistency,” Murray said. “There are moments in matches where I play well and then I make mistakes or miss returns. I wish I wasn't doing that.

"My level is around 50 or 60 in the world. It's frustrating because if wasn't moving great and not feeling good physically then I would be a bit easier on myself. But when I'm winning a low percentage of second-serve points, that's got nothing to do with the physical side of things.”



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/38bV5FV

No comments