Breaking News

Alex de Minaur: I feel like I'm refreshed and ready to go

A breakthrough year for Australian Alex de Minaur started with a breakthrough tournament – the Brisbane International. The young Australian knows that his result here is critical for his Australian Open campaign where he can get a seeding.

He wouldn’t need a wildcard to enter the tournament like he did in the previous edition, making it to the last 4 and taking the world by storm. He now is Australia’s top ranked player, ranked No.31 on the ATP Charts and in a safe position to get seeded at the Australian Open.

He is defending 90 ATP Points from his amazing run in Brisbane and his seeding might be at stake if he fails to defend to them. But the young Australian is looking forward to the first major of the year, not concerned about his ranking or seeding.

"This is where it all started for me, I gained a lot of confidence from playing here and the result I had," he said. "I was able to just take that momentum throughout the whole year and from here I started to believe more in myself and started backing myself."

He also spoke about not changing much to his game plan and is looking to start the 2019 season with a bang. "It was a much-needed break and I feel like I'm refreshed and ready to go," he said.

"I'm still the same guy, still doing the same things, it's just about keeping in the moment and putting myself in the best possible position to perform.”

"If I keep doing the little things and keep getting better, I'm a strong believer that the results will show."

ALSO READ

Simona Halep, Naomi Osaka and Angelique Kerber to play Sydney

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2rtygIt

No comments