Breaking News

Magnus Norman reveals the key behind Roger Federer, Wawrinka's longevity

In an interview to Grand Slam Tennis, Magnus Norman praised Pierre Paganini, Roger Federer and Stan Wawrinka's fitness trainer. Norman said: “He’s sharing duties with Roger Federer. For me, Pierre is a master of making the plan of work for a whole year. He knows when to play, which tournaments when to have the practise week. Pierre is someone who even if he’s not with me at the tournament, I will text him for a piece of advice. Pierre has known Stan since he was very young. I think Pierre is one of the guys that really deserve the credit, at least for Stan, for making him so fit."

Well, a small part anyway. My highest ranking was No.2 (June 12, 2000). I was very close to No.1. For whatever reason, I didn’t manage to become a world No.1. If I had won Roland Garros I would have been No.1, so… 2000 was an amazing year, I won against Guga at Foro Italico, but at the same time I really wanted to win Grand Slam title and be number 1 in the world. It was really close, so … And again, I never got a chance to play another Grand Slam final, so it still hurts a little bit, to be really honest, but yeah, that’s life"

Norman finally spoke about the tennis in general: “For me all the players are unique. I don’t think you’ll reach the top of a game if you don’t have a gift and a special talent. And I don’t think you’ll reach the top if you don’t work really, really hard. I am sure all the best players in the world, no matter if it’s soccer or tennis or playing the piano, they have worked really hard to be on top."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2tuTjLr

No comments