Breaking News

Borna Coric: Indian Wells loss to Roger Federer was painful

In an interview to Sky Sport, Borna Coric shared the highlights of his 2018 season, splitting them in three parts. The Croatian ended his year as the world no. 12 and he is set to start the new season at the Kooyong Classic prior to the Australian Open. Coric picked four tournaments in total. 'Indian Wells and Miami. I went there without knowing what to expect, I had never played beyond the third round in a Masters 1000, but I played very good,' Coric said. 'I reached the semis, I was set up over Roger (Federer) and so that was a good experience. It was also painful but that's tennis!

'(Winning) the Gerry Weber Open over Roger in the final was also special for me, I will never forget it. And the last part of the season in Shanghai, where I got my best Masters 1000 result. I also have a very funny story because I came there and I wanted to retire from the first round. Because my neck was blocked and I could not play. Even one hour before the match I still wanted to retire but I just went into the court with no expectations, I started playing very good and I probably played my best tennis in my life.'

Coric also commented on the Croatia's Davis Cup title gotten beating France in the final at Lille. 'It was very special for us to win it,' the 22-year-old admitted. 'It was my childhood dream. Despite I had already played away from home I was nervous and I spoke a lot with Riccardo who was there with me. I was so tense. In the end I played a very good tennis and also bringing the trophy back to home, all the celebrations, was something special and unforgettable. It was one of the nicest experiences in my whole life. It's also nice that we were the last Davis Cup winners through the old format.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal could make important changes to his long-term schedule

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2QOYiVt

No comments