Breaking News

I hope Borna Coric wins a Major before Alexander Zverev, says coach

Speaking to Sky Sport, Borna Coric's coach Riccardo Piatti said he feels confident about the future of the Croatian player's career. Alexander Zverev is a year younger than Coric and the German has already achieved a career-high ranking at no. 3 and has won the ATP Finals in London, while Coric is world no. 12 (his career-high) and reached his maiden Masters 1000 final this year at the Shanghai Masters. But Piatti believes the gap between these two players can be reduced. Commenting on his work with Coric, Piatti said: 'I work on the improvement of his technique, then his game and the third part is how to achieve his potential handling it without spending too much energy. Tennis may seem a simple game but it's so complicated.

'Because younger players have a lot ot chances and abilities, they work a lot, then they come into the tournaments and they work even more because they want to get a lot of success. Here we also have Borna's fitness trainer Dalibor Sirola and Claudio Zimaglia who is very important to me. Borna also travels with Kiki Scheider, a Croatian coach, who is extremely important because it makes me being connected to Borna also when I am not with him. Borna is very ambitious, and I hope he wins a Grand Slam before Zverev. He is making a lot of effort and I would like him to reach this stage.'

Coric had quite a season in 2018, in which he won his first ATP 500 tournament, in Halle, at the Gerry Weber Open beating Roger Federer in straight sets. 

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal could make important changes to his long-term schedule

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2EJ8pUt

No comments