Breaking News

Borna Coric reveals how he managed to stay healthy in 2018

As opposed to most of the players, Borna Coric will start his new season at the World Tennis Challenge in Adelaide during the second week of the year. Coric ended his 2018 campaign in late November as he played and won the Davis Cup final for Croatia against France, and so he will just compete in an exhibition event prior to the Australian Open. 'I’m never been to Adelaide so I’m really looking forward to it. I’ve heard really nice things about it. It’s going to be my main preparation for the Australian Open; I’m not going to play any tournaments,' said Coric about playing in Adelaide.

Analyzing how his 2018 went, Coric added: 'I’m extremely happy with my year. My goal was maybe top-20, top-25 and I finished No. 12. It was way ahead of what I was thinking. But I remained healthy for pretty much the whole season and it’s something I’ve been unable to do in my previous seasons. That’s another goal for next year. I think it’s because I work with a great physio and a great fitness coach. Also I played fewer tournaments, which was very important. In previous years I played too much. I took a focus on the quality (last year). My goal will be to play 21 to 24 tournaments. And there’s not going to be four times of Davis Cup, which takes up a lot of energy.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Sp84Kx

No comments