Breaking News

Chris Evert comments on the downside of being world no. 1

In an interview to Parade, Chris Evert commented on the downside of being the top-ranked tennis player: 'You’re very self-absorbed when you’re no. 1 in the world. As an individual sport, you have nobody to think about but yourself. It’s important to put yourself first. You live in a bubble because you’re famous and you can’t go out. You don’t have much privacy. You have tunnel vision, and you’re focused on staying no. 1 and to keep improving and motivated.'

Speaking about her current activity, Evert added: 'The tennis academy is enough motivation for me. I don’t want to sit there and take notes and watch kids. I want to go out there and play with them. I want to see how hard they hit the ball and what the spin is. I can better evaluate their game. So, it’s great exercise for me. Being an athlete my whole life, I mentally feel sluggish if I’m not active. I feel like I’m not thinking as clearly and my body gets stiff and I have less energy. I know what it takes. It’s putting together the good exercise, but it’s also eating right and getting good sleep.'

Evert will be back on the road next month at the Australian Open working as a commentator.

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Lo8eiI

No comments