Breaking News

Rafael Nadal: 'New players will fight for big things in the next years'

Rafael Nadal feels confident about the results that younger players will get in the future. After his win over Frances Tiafoe on Tuesday, Nadal, who will face Stefanos Tsitsipas next, said that matches against coming up competitors are not more special than other ones. 'Being honest with you, for me, for me it doesn't change if they are the NextGen or not', said Nadal. 'For me what really matters is win the match and give myself a chance to be in the next round. That's the real feeling for me at this stage of my career. Is not like don't give them confidence or not. I know they are good. I know they will be fighting for the most important things during the next couple of years. I don't take it that way. I just take it as a difficult match against players that they have a lot of energy. That's all. Is another match. Is a difficult match. I try to do my thing, do it well to try to give myself the chance to be through.'

On Tiafoe's game, Nadal added: 'Yeah, he's quick. He has a strong forehand. Is difficult to read his game sometimes. He can go to the net. He can sometimes slice. He can hit some good backhands, too. He can hit very good shots from every match. That's my feeling. Then is true that I played a very solid match. I felt having the break at the beginning of every set, that give me a lot of confidence. Then I was serving well, playing solid. He was against the score all the time. Is not easy to play that way.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2RNpV1C

No comments