Breaking News

Eugenie Bouchard: Rafael Nadal a beast, Novak Djokovic a crybaby

Former world No. 5 Eugenie Bouchard has revealed that the word "beast" is the first word that comes to her mind when someone mentions Rafael Nadal. 

When it comes to world No. 1 Novak Djokovic, Bouchard says the word "crybaby" is the first word that comes to her mind. 

During her appearance on Tennis Channel, Bouchard was also asked about the first word that comes to her mind when someone mentions Stefanos Tsitsipas and Belinda Bencic. 

"Greek" was the word Bouchard revealed for Tsitsipas, while she said "gold medalist" was the first association when someone mentions Bencic. 

Nadal out of the US Open, Djokovic the top favorite for the title 

Unfortunately, fans won't have a chance to see a Nadal and Djokovic clash at the US Open. 

Recently, Nadal put an end to his 2021 season due to a foot injury. 

"Hello everyone, I wanted to inform you that unfortunately I have to end the 2021 season. Honestly, I’ve been suffering a lot more than I should with my foot for a year and I need to take some time. After having discussed it with the team and family, this decision has been made and I think it is the way forward to try to recover and recover well," Nadal said in a statement. 

"It’s a year that I’ve missed things that matter a lot to me, like Wimbledon, like the Olympics, how the United States Open is going to be now, like many other events that are also important to me and in view of the fact that during this last year I have not had the ability to train and prepare and compete in the way that I really like do it.

"In the end, I come to the conclusion that what I need is time to recover, change a series of things, try to understand what has been the evolution of their feet in recent times. It is not a new injury, it is an injury that I have had since 2005 and it had not prevented me from developing my sports career during all these years."



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Wq4GGI

No comments