Breaking News

Tiafoe: 'Rafael Nadal isn't getting any younger, Tsitsipas can win it'

Stefanos Tsitsipas can go all the way at the Australian Open, believes Frances Tiafoe. In a press conference after his straight-set loss to the Spaniard, Tiafoe said: 'Why not? I think the game's definitely heading that way. Rafa and these cats ain't getting any younger, you know what I'm saying? Look, I mean, we're playing good, playing good. Put us in the right situation at the right time, we'll take it. Granted, I didn't tonight, but it's coming.'

Tiafoe also liked the Rod Laver Arena a lot: 'I thought it was cool. Saw the eyes close at one point. Don't fall asleep on me. I was about ready to say something, you know what I'm saying? No, man, it was cool. It was cool that he was out there. Yeah, I mean, he's a legend of the sport, and so is Rafa.'

Frances Tiafoe felt amazed at facing Rafael Nadal in the Australian Open quarter-finals. The American lost in straight sets, 6-3 6-4 6-2, but he still enjoyed his unique experience. 'I don't even know what I would say to you, man. It's crazy', Tiafoe said. 'I didn't think any of this was going to happen. If you would have asked me during the off-season, You're going to play Rafa in the quarterfinals on Rod Laver with Rod Laver watching, I probably would have laughed. It's unbelievable. I'm just happy this didn't happen on my birthday. But to be in a quarterfinal at a slam, knowing I can do this, that's the biggest thing.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2FM6ShH

No comments