Breaking News

Coleman Wong Hopes to Become World No. 1 in the Future

Tennis - 14-year-old Coleman Wong says he hopes to become World No. 1 in the future, after winning the u-14 Orange Bowl title last week. Speaking to South China Morning Post, Wong says, “I want to be the best player in the world someday. I think I’ve started right, but there’s still a long way to go. I think that if I keep believing and working hard, that is definitely my goal. To be the best, and have my country proud of me. It gives me extra motivation and makes me want to play even better. It also shows that my hard work is paying off.”

Wong is the first player from Hong Kong to win the Orange Bowl title, joining the likes of Roger Federer, Dominic Thiem, and Juan Martin del Potro, who have also won the title in the past before becoming top stars on the ATP Tour. 

Wong also spoke about some aspects of his game, “The thing about me is I really don’t want to lose. I really hate losing. So, I will never ever give up and I think that’s why I believe in myself and why I think I can become really good.,I feel much faster and stronger than before and I feel much more powerful than last year. I’m similarly good at everything – forehand, backhand, defence, but I think my mental game is better than other players my age. Some days you aren’t going to be playing your best, your 100 per cent, but if you have a strong mental game, you can win even on those days.”

One of the immediate decisions that Wong will need to make is whether to finish secondary school at his current school in DBS or pursue tennis at a US university.

Also Read - Richard Gasquet to miss Australian Open due to Injury

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2GMlor4

No comments