Breaking News

Daria Gavrilova:I feel like the crowd is always supporting me

Australian Daria Gavrilova is looking forward to the Australian Summer and is upbeat about the home crowd coming and supporting her.

“I always love coming back to Sydney and it’s a great tournament before the Australian Open,” Gavrilova told the Herald. “It would be nice to be defend my semi-finals and go even further. The tournament in Sydney is always tough.”

“All the top players are getting ready for the slam and there’s so many top 10 players. They are all really good players and I think Sydney it one of the toughest tournaments of the year.”

She further added, “You never really know go you’re going until you’re actually competing,” Gavrilova said. “My form can be better than my ranking [suggests] but I still have to perform and get the wins over really good players to get my ranking up.”

She further added, “I love playing at home and I feel like the crowd is always supporting me,” Gavrilova said “I feel lots of emotions when I play. Knowing that I get the home support is pretty motivating and I just don’t feel like giving up ever.”

She announced on Instagram recently her engagement to fellow Australian tennis player and long-term boyfriend Luke Saville. “It’s good times for Luke and I … we’re very much in love,” Gavrilova said. “It’s really exciting and we’ve been together for a long time. It’s nice to get the ring and the bling. I really enjoy being a girl now. Everyone is like, ‘oh, show me the ring’. Whenever I am sad, I just look at the ring.”

ALSO READ

Maria Sharapova: I was never in a proper education system

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2SVEWKP

No comments