Breaking News

Doctors very pleased with Juan Martin del Potro's progress from injury

Through his twitter account, Juan Martin del Potro's agent Jorge Viale gave an update on the Argentina's tennis player who is trying to recover from a right knee injury. Del Potro is not back to practice on the tennis court yet, and he is committed to play the Kooyong Classic from 8 to 10 January 2019 prior to the Australian Open. 'Back from holidays, Delpo resumed rehab and training this week, with two daily sessions of gym and pool. The doctors are very pleased with the progress of the recovery from the knee fracture suffered almost two months ago', Viale wrote.

The last match won by del Potro dates back to early October at the Rolex Shanghai Masters in the opening round match against the Frenchman Richard Gasquet. 'It wasn't easy to play for me today. I did what I can. I didn't run too much. But I think I played with all my strength in the important moment of the match', said del Potro. "I was in the tiebreak, and I was in the 5-All in the first set. And then I tried to hold my service game during the game, and that's it. But of course I would love to feel better, first of all to myself, and then to play tennis, but it's gonna be difficult because I'm not taking time to recover 100%. But it could be the last effort of the trip, so I will try to keep playing and then take a break.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Eat5Va

No comments