Breaking News

Zverev: 'I hope Next Gen learns from Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer'

Alexander Zverev criticized the next generation' behaviour. Daniil Medvedev made fun of the crowd at the US Open while Stefanos Tsitsipas argued with the umpire.

The German player said: "There's a lot of young guys that do things on the tennis court that maybe is not the best thing to do. I don't want the next generation to be known for that. I think a lot of the times Tsitsipas gets over the line with changing his shoes 15 times in a tournament, going to the bathroom in the middle of a set. Stuff like that... Let your tennis racquet talk for you kind of. You don't need to do things to distract the opponent, try to win that way. Medvedev is obviously going over the line a little bit now. But he's winning. He's in the quarterfinals. He's playing Stan. At the end of the day it all doesn't matter if you're winning. But, yeah, I hope some of the NextGen or the young guys will kind of learn from the older guys like Roger (Federer) and Rafa (Nadal) who have been unbelievable over their career, really let their racquet talk for them, not try to distract opponents, something like that. They're winning right now. I hope that kind of changes in the NextGen, as well."

Analyzing the loss to Diego Schwartzman overall, Zverev added: "I think the momentum changed actually in the second set, where I had four or five breakpoints in one game and I didn't make them. I think that was more the momentum change. Obviously third set, it would have been nice to kind of get the break. But I got the break a game after that, so... Yeah, I mean, there's a lot of factors. I had a lot of chances which I didn't use early in the match. He kind of ran away with it."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2PD59Bg

No comments